On 19 avr, 16:34, nicolas de loof <nicolas.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> If I understand well the GWTCompiler process, The generator are used to
> create complementary Java files to be added in the project sources and
> compiled to JavaScript.

Among other things: GALGWT uses a generator to produce the offline
manifest for Gears; GWT-in-the-AIR generates the AIR application
descriptor; in GWT "core", Localizable classes when processed by the
appropriate generator also generates *.properties files, and
ImageBundle (obviously) have the sprite image generated.

> I wonder if there is any way to also "pre-process" Java sources, for example
> this would enable support for Aspect Oriented Programming or maybe some
> DataBinding framework.

Depends what you mean by "pre-process"... Generally, generators
analyze the class they're called for (for example, looking for
specific annotations on methods or on the class itself) and according
to this generate a Java class extending the one they've been called
for.
(is this understandable? is this at least no-so-bad english?)