Well, that will run emma tests for everyone everywhere who does "ant
test"...
Does it require anything in particular to work, which people might not have
installed?  And is the time significant?

We can easily enough tweak the continuous builder configuration to
explicitly run the emma tests, if either of those questions gets a bad
answer.  If they're both good, then maybe it's reasonable for all users to
run all tests (with the caveat that non-local web tests also need properties
set, or they become no-ops...)