Amit, can you review the attached patch for solution #1 as originally
outlined.
Do we have a short/long test breakdown for Emma (i.e. is what's there
"long," and EmmaClassLoading test only short)?  And do we actually want to
go with short/long emma, only, or more generally have a short/long breakdown
of tests for all categories (and, specifically, a "smoketest" entry to do
short emma, hosted, and local-web tests)?

I'm reluctant to do the extended version without having thought a bit more
about the expected usage...