I am having the same problem as brendan. I thing that everyone trying
to get beyond hello-world gwt + gae/j also hit this wall.
Is there a "best workaround" for this? must i use gilead?
I really would like to see this on google tutorials, like the other
frameworks mentioned by Philip, so that learning gwt+gae/j gets less
fustrating.