We'll definitely keep these things in mind when moving stuff over to GWT
trunk.  We've also found a lot of general usability problems, such as the
fact the the table doesn't layout naturally, which means apps require active
layout.  During the transfer, we'll refactor quite a few things to make them
more usable.  Specifically, we'd like to provide a version that allows you
to bulk renderer the header and footer into the same table element,
eliminated the three separate tables and fixed layout.  You would lose the
scrolling feature, but you would not have to use active layout.

When we start moving stuff into trunk or while its in my branch (as in right
now), thats a good time to point out specific problems or requests.  Its
much harder to change the API after we make an official release.

Thanks,
John LaBanca
jlaba...@google.com