Comment by Dominik.J.Steiner:

Actually,

I just added the gwt-dev-oophm.jar to the start of the eclipse launch
config, didn't fiddle with the -XstartOnFirstThread nor the swt classes and
started the launch config. No swing window came up, but then from firefox
conecting to

http://localhost:8080/MyHtml.html?gwt.hosted=192.168.0.2:9997

I could load the GWT App and better yet while using FF put breakpoints and
debug as I was able to do in the former GWT Shell. So as far as i can tell
the OOPHM works on Mac OSX and Eclipse by just adding the gwt-dev-oophm.jar
to the top of the classpath on the eclipse launch config, only the swing
window doesn't appear.

For more information:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/UsingOOPHM