Comment by rjand541:

OKAY!! For the extreme newbie out there like myself. I may have an answer
for you.

First: My setup is Ubuntu 9.04 in 64 bit mode, with Eclipse 3.4, GWT 1.6,
GAE 1.2, Java 1.6 with the OOPHM plug in for firefox 3.0.11

I went through everything on these boards and bits and pieces were hidden
here and there. My first real issue was this error...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError?:
/home/bin/packages/eclipse3.4/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle.linux_1.6.4.v200904062334/gwt-linux-1.6.4/libswt-pi-gtk-3235.so:

/home/bin/packages/eclipse3.4/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle.linux_1.6.4.v200904062334/gwt-linux-1.6.4/libswt-pi-gtk-3235.so:

wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width
mismatch)

taha had a similar problem on this page:
https://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/25d7c210c6b92e59?pli=1

The solution to which was to simply install a 32 bit version of Java, (Java
1.50) and have eclipse point to it under Properties -> Run/Debug Settings
-> (select your project) -> edit -> JRE tab.

The next error wasn't mission critical, but nonetheless, it annoyed the
heck out of me...

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module":
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64

This was solved by following the same steps above but instead of the
properties tab hitting the environment tab. Then entering a variable called
GTK_PATH and setting the value to /usr/lib32/gtk-2.0

That took care of that. Next up was this error...

com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger? warn WARNING: failed
greetServlet java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError?: Bad version number
in .class file

This was solved by our 64 bit cousins on the Mac under this thread
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/da29f92b3677a1ef

Go to properties again, but this time select Java Compiler. Set the
compiler compliance level to 1.5.

That is it. It should fix your issues if you are in a similar boat as me.
Try it out and everything should pop up fine and appear to be working.

Or is it...

I guess only time will tell.  Thanks to the many that contribute to these
boards.

For more information:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/UsingOOPHM