I'm having a strange issue with trunk (r5687, compiled with 32-bit
Java 1.5) where hosted mode (launched from Eclipse 3.4 with 32-bit
Java 1.5 via the Google Plugin) won't start on Mac OS X 10.5.7 (Intel
Core 2 Duo 64-bit machine) with Safari 4.0.1 installed. Instead, the
console displays the following error:

 "On Mac OS X, ensure that you have Safari 3
installed".

The easiest way to reproduce the problem is to have Safari 4
installed, create a new web application project using the Google
Plugin for Eclipse, and then try to launch it.

This definitely isn't my area of expertise, but In LowLevelSaf.java on
line 135, it seems that LowLevel.init() is
throwing an
UnsatisfiedLinkError:

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/browse/trunk/dev/mac/src/com/google/gwt/dev/shell/mac/LowLevelSaf.java

Does anyone know of a workaround? If this is a valid issue, I'd be
happy to submit a new issue.

Thanks!