Gary,

You're quite right that the API I'm referring to is nonexistent. My
point was that what your suggesting seems to be a replacement for GWT-
RPC and the compiler. I think the compiler and RPC are great as
engines. I would just like to not have to build my own steering wheel
every time I use the car, metaphorically speaking.