On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Nathan Wells <nwwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been experimenting with GWT.isClient() and GWT.isScript(), but to
> no avail. Thus far I've only tried it in hosted mode with 1.7... is
> there something I'm missing?

isClient/isScript isn't going to let you include non-translatable code in
the client sources or to directly remove fields (they could get removed by
virtue of no references remaining to them).

Using super-source allows you to write two different implementations for the
same class -- one used by the server, and one by the client.  Write your
server-side code in the same place, and put a super-source entry in your
module file pointing at a base directory for the translatable version -- see
the
doc<http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/DevGuideOrganizingProjects.html#DevGuideModuleXml>for
more info.

However, you have to be careful such that the server-side and client-side
implementations are compatible for serialization -- you may have to have a
custom serializer in order to make that work.

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google