[oops - +gwtc]

Hi, Ray,

I appreciate the drive to move forward and I applaud jumping on
opportunities to remove redundant code.

The reason this policy was important, to me at least, is that it
provided a baseline to work against. The code in the incubator can be
very useful (I use PagingScrollTable extensively and used DatePicker
from incubator before it graduated) but it's also risky because the
code is still experimental and subject to change. The assurance that
those changes would be compatible with a packaged and released GWT
build (even just a milestone) meant that I could build incubator from
trunk and pick up the latest features and bugfixes as long as my
project tracked the latest GWT build. Because of the GWT policies on
deprecation and backwards compatibility, this has been fairly easy in
practice. As it stands now, incubator will not compile except against
GWT trunk, which is also notoriously unstable (it wasn't building as
recently as last night, which I see was corrected this morning). This
presents a much higher risk for those of us using incubator code.

It also becomes harder to work on the incubator itself when it has to
compile against GWT trunk. I wanted to look into issue #267 last night
and I was stymied by GWT trunk not being in a buildable state. Not an
insurmountable obstacle, but one that seems unnecessary to me.

- Isaac