Yes you are right, but do you really think that in the case of a failure,
you would try to change your code flow differently depending on where you
are ? Except displaying a generic message, you won't be able to go further
as I understand the mechanism.
Concerning the second point, this is the crucial question. There are a few
scenarios that could be conceivable.
We can imagine that a permuation of 1 Mo could be splitted into 2 chunks of
500 Ko or 4 chunks of 250 Ko of 10 chunks of 5 Ko, that is what I call a
"balanced tree" or "balanced split points". Most people would probably want
to split their permutations only to get responsiveness and decrease startup
time without digging more in the code flow...
But if you say that it is not possible at all, I believe you ...

Sami