On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Joel Webber <j...@google.com> wrote:

> I think any interested party ought to be able to try the decompiler route
> and see what happens. God knows how weird it might look, but I see no
> obvious reason that it shouldn't work. Takers?

Are there any free decompilers that do fully correct bytecode->source
translation?  When I last looked, there were a lot of old (apparently)
unsupported ones, and a few that mostly worked.  They were plenty good
enough to figure out what the original code was trying to do, but not
suitable for modifying the code and compiling it to functional code.

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google