Comment by claude...@gmail.com:

After suffering a little to get an OOPHM plugin working on debian
Iceweasel, I've got success and are making my notes here... hope to help
somebody on getting it work too:

On Debian Lenny, with iceweasel (Firefox re-branded) 3.0.6 the .xpi file
from this page doesn't works (even the alternate libraries version). To
make it work I had to rebuild the plugin linking it against the libraries
of the xulrunner-dev package:

{{{
~ # apt-get install xulrunner-dev
}}}

to make it work, after building the gwt from trunk as said in
[http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/makinggwtbetter.html#workingoncode
Working on Code] need to checkout also the plugin-sdks from svn on the same
directory level you checked-out tools and trunk:

{{{
~/gwt$ svn checkout
http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/plugin-sdks/ plugin-sdks
}}}

after this, go to /trunk/plugins/xpcom directory, set some variables and
build the thing:

{{{
~/gwt/trunk/plugins/xpcom$ export BROWSER=ff3
~/gwt/trunk/plugins/xpcom$ export
DEFAULT_FIREFOX_LIBS=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9/sdk/lib/
~/gwt/trunk/plugins/xpcom$ make clean
~/gwt/trunk/plugins/xpcom$ make
}}}

after this, you should have a new gwt-dmp-ff3.xpi file inside the prebuild
directory, this file should work with the iceweasel package from lenny.

I think that similar approach need to be taken for packages from squeeze or
sid (iceweasel 3.5 already)

For more information:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/UsingOOPHM