This patch demonstrates the idea and some of the dispatch semantics
that need to be accounted for.  It stringifies individual functions,
which is much too fine-grained for anything that could be deployed.

It seems to me that optimally stringifying a GWT module and performing
runAsync splitting is the same problem.  It's always bugged me that
the current runAsync implementation does a lot of work on the Java
side of things to predict the structure of the emitted JS code.
Solving this problem well should investigate how the overall impact on
the compiler of runAsync could be reduced if it didn't have to juggle
both the Java and JS AST structures.

--
Bob Vawter
Google Web Toolkit Team