Can someone point me to a place in the GWT code where I might be able
to produce a patch or something? I realize it's probably not the
GWTers highest priority, but I could use some guidance.

Unless of course the silence is an indication that what I'm proposing
is against the "spirit" of GWT. I don't think that is the case, but I
would love to know for sure what can be done and what can't.

Thanks,
Nathan