On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 5:32 PM, BobV <b...@google.com> wrote:
> Your feedback has been very helpful in finding out where the weak
> points in our APIs and implementations are.
>
>> driver.getPath() isn't able to completely scan an editor tree when it
>> contains CompositeEditor's that, they themselves, have more editors in
>> their hierarchy
>
> I'm thinking about how to solve this one, since an uninitialized
> CompositeEditor won't have any sub-editors to query.

You're using code generation for the other parts.  What I mean by that
is that you generate the method

public static void traverseEditor(com.*.client.ui.EditorContainer
editor, String prefix, java.util.List<String> paths) {
 }

and that has content that was made at compile time, not run time.
Here, the editor you're looking for is right there in CompositeEditor

CompositeEditor<T, C, E extends Editor<C>>

So whatever E is the children.   Is that not suitable here also?