Just to confirm, changing the repository definition to:

        <repository>
            <id>gwt-repo</id>

<url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/google-snapshots</url>
            <name>Google Web Toolkit Repository</name>
        </repository>

Removes the compile errors from the expense report (I also had to
remove the .m2/repository/com/google/gwt folder to force Maven to
redownload 2.1-SNAPSHOT).

--
Arthur Kalmenson