I verified that the animations work on IE (timer version), Chrome 10
(verified the "time" fix is needed and works) and 11, Safari 5 (which
does not support animation frames and uses the timer version), firefox
3.6 (timer version) and firefox 4.0 (moz animation frame).

I'll submit this change soon.  Thanks again for the patch.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1355805/diff/6003/user/src/com/google/gwt/animation/Animation.gwt.xml
File user/src/com/google/gwt/animation/Animation.gwt.xml (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1355805/diff/6003/user/src/com/google/gwt/animation/Animation.gwt.xml#newcode62
user/src/com/google/gwt/animation/Animation.gwt.xml:62:
<when-property-is name="user.agent" value="webkit"/>
The user agent value should be safari instead of webkit.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1355805/