http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1355805/diff/6003/user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/DeckPanel.java
File user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/DeckPanel.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1355805/diff/6003/user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/DeckPanel.java#newcode108
user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/DeckPanel.java:108: // Figure out
if the deck panel has a fixed height
On 2011/04/11 15:02:02, fabbott wrote:
I'm not sure I'm a good checker, but it smells funny to me that
onStart is
losing a check that it used to have without (that I saw) routing
through the new
code in newWidget, nor why newWidget, having decided to animate,
doesn't touch
onStart.

I'm willing to believe there's a good reason for it, but I'd like to
know what
it is. ;-)

I wrote this code some times back, but it looks like the goal was to
compute fixedHeight *before* calling run() so we could pass the second
argument: if the height is fixed, we're sure the page layout won't
change, so in case the deck is out of view (hidden, or displayed outside
the viewport's bounds) we actually don't need to run our animation code.
Passing the deckElem to run() in this case tells the browser it can skip
calling us back if the element is out of view (at its discretion;
actually, I believe WebKit only skips such calls on background tabs).

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1355805/