Hopefully this is it.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1427807/diff/3007/dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/util/log/speedtracer/SpeedTracerLogger.java
File
dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/util/log/speedtracer/SpeedTracerLogger.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1427807/diff/3007/dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/util/log/speedtracer/SpeedTracerLogger.java#newcode672
dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/util/log/speedtracer/SpeedTracerLogger.java:672:
gcMXBeans = null;
On 2011/05/05 16:45:54, tobyr wrote:
On 2011/05/05 16:06:21, Josh Humphries wrote:
> Since these members are declared "final", compiler complains if
there is no
> explicit assignment in constructor. That's why these null
assignments are
here.

> Should I remove the final modifier so we can clean up the
constructor?

> On 2011/05/04 22:22:05, tobyr wrote:
> > Looking at this a second time, there are lots of fields that are
seemingly
set
> > to null for no obvious reason. In fact, below there is an else
block just to
> set
> > fields to null. We should just drop all these null assignments as
they are
> just
> > adding code bloat.

Hrm, that's pretty crappy language behavior. While finals are nice, I
think I'd
rather see us get rid of many lines of code and extra conditional
blocks.

Done.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1427807/diff/10002/dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/util/log/dashboard/DashboardNotifierFactory.java
File
dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/util/log/dashboard/DashboardNotifierFactory.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1427807/diff/10002/dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/util/log/dashboard/DashboardNotifierFactory.java#newcode27
dev/core/src/com/google/gwt/dev/util/log/dashboard/DashboardNotifierFactory.java:27:
static {