What Eric said.  I haven't nailed down all the error reporting yet (although
it's closer now), but the idea is that we really can avoid reporting errors
on unreachable types.  And not reaching code means fewer deserialized types,
which is better for memory and takes less time.  But there's an even bigger
one...

When code flow reaches GWT.create() calls, we have to run rebinds, and
therefore generators, and reach even more code.  So there's a spiraling
effect.  JDT used to limit the total reach by only pulling in the types
necessarily to finish a compilation.  If we didn't do SOME kind of prune
off, we might end up being SLOWER than before.  Since we have to do some
prune off then, it makes sense to do a good job with it.