Hello,

I'm excited to announce second milestone of Scala+GWT project.

Download (and then follow README instructions) from here:
http://goo.gl/RZdVT

Release notes (included below) can be found here: http://goo.gl/H8san

Scala+GWT 0.1-M3
----------------

The third official milestone release from the Scala+GWT project.

You can check release notes for previous release [here](
http://scalagwt.github.com/releasenotes).

This release consists of just samples packaged along with snapshot
of jars needed to build them. Those jars include our own version
of both GWT and Scala.

This release doesn't come with any official artifacts apart from the
tarball you can download from [
http://github.com/scalagwt/scalagwt-sample](http://github.com/scalagwt/scalagwt-sample)
.

### Changes since last release

  * Eclipse support for development mode

### Eclipse support

We've integrated [Scala IDE](http://www.scala-ide.org/) so you can develop
GWT applications in Scala using Eclipse. Development mode is supported.

### Known issues

  * many patterns in pattern matching logic are not supported (should be
fixed in next release) examples include
    * pattern alternatives (`|`)
    * guard patterns (`if` guard)
  * in some cases (like gwtdlx sample) optimizations enabled in gwt lead to
broken JS code

### Reporting issues

We appreciate feedback. If you find something that doesn't work (e.g.
crashes either Scala or GWT compiler)
or JavaScript gives you weird results we'd love to hear about it. The most
effective way of reporting issues
is to modify `Hello World` sample to show your problem. Exact steps are:

  1. Fork `scalagwt-sample` repo from here:
http://github.com/scalagwt/scalagwt-sample
  2. Clone it: `git clone git://
github.com/YOUR_USER_NAME/scalagwt-sample.git`
  3. Modify hello world sample located in
`src/com/google/gwt/sample/jribble/client`
  4. Commit and publish your example.
  5. File a ticket here: http://github.com/scalagwt/scalagwt-sample and
mention your
     fork while explaining your issue.

If you want to discuss your problem before reporting it, join
[scala...@googlegroups.com](http://groups.google.com/group/scalagwt).

### What if I don't know GWT?

That shouldn't be a big problem. You've got Scala source code for samples
that show basic functionality
and provides basic setup. You may want to start with changing hello world
sample, recompiling it and
testing in a browser.

### What if I don't know Scala?

You might still want to check out samples to see how they might look in a
language other than Java.
We'll be cutting a lot more of the boilerplate code once GWT libraries and
APIs receive enough of Scala's
[pimp-love](http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=179766).

### Need help? Want to discuss something?

Join us here: [scala...@googlegroups.com](
http://groups.google.com/group/scalagwt).

Happy playing!

*Scala+GWT team*