On 2011/11/30 21:05:17, jat wrote:
Right now, it won't make much difference as GWT gets user classes from
the same
classpath that GWT classes are loaded from.  However, that leads to
conflict for
shared code where you want to use a different version of something
than the
version GWT itself needs to run.  So, in the future we may provide a
way to give
separate classpaths.

I think of the following guidelines for choosing which classloader to
use:
  - if a class being loaded is bundled with some other class (ie, known
to be
from the same jar), use that class's classloader to load it.
  - if you want to load a system class and definitely don't want it to
be
overridden, use the system classloader
  - otherwise, use the thread context classloader.

Since you have already submitted it and this will generally be used
only in
tests, this is just FYI and you don't need to update it.

Thanks for the extra info, I agree with your assessment.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1604804/