> As I understand it, there are two cases where createStyleRuler is
> called, and attached as a __styleRuler expando:

Stepping back and looking at style ruler, I'm wondering why multiple
rulers are made (one for parent, one for each child). Could the parent
and children just all take turns reusing the parent's __ruler?

AFAICT, the ruler is used to calc deco width/height, but any access to those
properties first go through measureDecorations, which resets the ruler's
properties in a way that makes me think it could be shared.

- Stephen