http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1619803/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/ValueListBox.java
File user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/ValueListBox.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1619803/diff/1/user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/ValueListBox.java#newcode153
user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/ValueListBox.java:153: if (value
== null) {

This check simply breaks setValue(null) (adding a test would
be great: set the value to any non-null value, then set it back to
null).

What you say makes sense; I'm going to think about it some omre and
study the code. If anything I'll submit a patch that adds some
documentation of the current behavior, and a test for the null case you
suggested.

(HasContrainedValues notes that that either putting an "unacceptable"
value into the acceptable list as needed, or throwing an
IllegalStatementException, would be acceptable behaviors, the
implementations just need to document which they choose, which it
doesn't seem like ValueListBox does current.)

I'll also try to fix the failing tests that magically started working
with the null check added. At least one was from a stub key provider
that didn't handle null; that will be easy to fix. I think the others
are just updating the assertions to match the implementation (it looks
like they were written assuming the add-null-as-an-option entry wasn't
there).

Thanks!

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1619803/