On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM, <stephen.haber...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  We had to roll this back because it broke a bunch of test code
>>

> Cool, I saw that, was wondering what had happened.
>

>  I think that this patch is in the right, but the test code was not
>> carefully written
>>

> Good, I was hoping you thought the patch was still right.

I would add that since internal test code relies on being able to call
through null values in some cases, it seems likely that external code we
can't test also does so.  So, this would have to be treated as a breaking
change.  That doesn't mean that we can't do it, just that it needs to be
carefully considered and communicated about when it lands.

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google