Can you please make your patch from trunk/ rather than
trunk/user/src/com/google/gwt/user/datepicker/client/ ?

That said, there are other implications than just selecting from the
calendar view:
 - what if I setValue() with a disabled date? (I mean, what should be
the expected behavior)
 - what if I enter a disabled date in a DateBox?

I'm not sure CellGridImpl is the right place to fix it either: what if I
use a custom CalendarView? The question actually is: who is responsible
for ignoring the events for a disabled date? is it the CalendarView
implementation? or the DatePicker/DateBox?

I cannot publish comments on the patch due to the bogus "Base URL", so
here's my comment:
Shouldn't the isEnabled() check be moved into setSelected() ? There are
a couple other calls to setSelected() that you didn't guard with
isEnabled. I don't know when/how they're triggered but it seems bogus to
me.
This is assuming CellGridImpl is the right place to fix this issue
though (see above)

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1885803/