Thank you Thomas and Colin for your replies.

Thomas, sorry for posting in the wrong place. I didn't even know there is a
gwt-maven-plugin users group... thanks for pointing that out!

Working with separated projects with GWT, Maven, Eclipse (and his friends -
the plugins!) and App Engine is really hard and sometimes frustrating...
but when it works is really useful, mainly for environments with continuous
integration. All hail to The Maven Way™!