I think that there's enough branding/momentum/etc. behind the GWT name that
to be taken seriously it should stick with the GWT name, even if possibly
adjusted slightly like Jens's suggestions.

I'm fully behind the direction the compiler is taking and I believe that
the vision put forward in the videos from the GWT meetup is a great one
that will resonate well with developers. My big concern is that the
"migration" story and timing isn't great right now.

New projects that are starting with GWT 2.8 are somewhat in limbo right
now. I think that things are okay for the business logic and presenter side
of things, but deciding what to do for the view layer is tricky.

JsInterop doesn't feel complete enough to easily use with libraries like
React for the view layer. I've played around with doing this but it seems
very painful without some of the JsInterop 2.0 features (per
https://goo.gl/sKsBGX) in particular the functionality from the Js class to
easily call JS and create JS collections. As such, the best choice seems to
be UiBinder with HTML+CSS and my own minimal JsInterop interfaces for DOM
types. But even that's not future proof under the current plans to not
support UiBinder. If Singular was available it would probably bridge the
gap, but it's not available so we're left picking from choices that aren't
planned to be in GWT 3.0.

An official JsInterop version of elemental would also be a big help to
prevent everyone from creating their own version and having to migrate
later.

I would recommend a doc/page/etc. be started which clearly lists things
that are definitely going to be in GWT 3.0, those that are under
consideration, and those that definitely won't. Also, give trivial examples
future proof setups that dev's can follow to make the 3.0 transition easier.

Cheers,
James