Hi,
 I'm also frustrated about which technologies to use on new GWT projects
(see
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/google-web-toolkit/_QSayBAmeX8).
But when it comes about the name, GWT should stay. The basic idea around
GWT is writing code in Java which is then recompile (or whatever you call
it / do it) into JavaScript. And this idea will stick with new GWT 3.0 (it
was also very clearly emphasis is one of the talks), so the name should
stay.
Regards,
  Matic