> The thing is, there's always a level of paranoia about GWT's impending
> doom and apparent lack of activity shown in the gwt users group, and a
> release coming at an unknown time helps to fuel that paranoia.

Maybe we should post everything in
https://groups.google.com/a/gwtproject.org/forum/#!forum/gwt-reviews also
to the gwt users group to defeat that paranoia once and for all. You would
never run short on activity then ;-)

That being said I think its fine to have RC builds even with that memory
issue to get people test the RC. But the final release of 2.8 should have a
fixed JDT to make sure everyone can use it. I am pretty sure there are
quite some people who simply can not increase their heap by 50-100%.

-- J.