> Will those people switch to Java 8 at the same time they upgrade to GWT
> 2.8? I doubt it.
> If (as I understand it) the leak only happens when using "-sourceLevel 8",
> then I'm fine with a 2.8.0 without waiting for the fix (but a big bold
> warning in the release notes), and a 2.8.1 as soon as the fix is available.

Well if thats the case then fine. Also GWT snapshot users haven't
complained yet so maybe its generally not that a big issue unless you
actually have a big GWT project. The issue talks about 35000 classes which
are quite a few. But if you have a big GWT project you probably have enough
RAM anyways.

-- J.