I can't speak for J2CL's timelines, as it is an internal project at this
time. However, it has been stated that it will support GWT's JRE emulation
and JsInterop out of the box, and the expectation is that it will simply be
a transpiler and won't support generators (suggested that projects move to
APT or the like), or linkers (since the Closure Compiler manages this part
of things).

By itself, this means that Widget can work, though Element will need to be
reimplemented in JsInterop since JSOs won't exist (and JSNI is likely to
have a replacement as well). On the other hand, UiBinder uses the GWT
Generator system, which doesn't at this time have a clear upgrade path.

To think about life without GWT.create(Foo.class), consider APT-based
projects like AutoValue, where class sources are generated on your
classpath (by your build tool, and your IDE if configured correctly) so
that you can reference these generated classes directly from within your
sources. For cases where you want to pick the right implementation (rtl,
locale, device formfactor, etc), a factory methods can also be declared
within the generated code, and you can reference  that rather than a
constructor.