Hm. Would s/Device/Mobile/ make more sense?

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 9:07 AM Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> External "device"‽ Sounds strange to me (as a non-native English speaker
> at least)
>

> On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 5:50:27 PM UTC+2, Brandon Donnelson wrote:
>
> I've made some adjustments. This time I put numbers on each label for
> referencing if needed. Do you think I should change it further?
>

> On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 8:04:47 AM UTC-7, Brandon Donnelson wrote:
>
> I don't have lots of control over order. I have control grouping them and
> then they sort alphabetically.
>
> Legacy makes more sense now, you're right. I like it better than classic.
>
> I like where you're going with external server and embedded server. That's
> something I've been trying to make a distinction with and makes sense.
> You're refinements look to have a better distinction.
>
> I'll revise it some more and see if I can get closer.
>

> On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 12:33:57 AM UTC-7, Thomas Broyer wrote:
>
> May I suggest "GWT Development Mode" and "GWT Legacy Development Mode"?
> Maybe "GWT Development Mode with external server" and "GWT Development
> Mode with embedded server"?
> IMO, making the distinction between "classic devmode" and "super devmode"
> was OK last year and before; but since 2.7 (released more than 1 year and a
> half ago already!) "sdm" is the default and it makes no sense to talk about
> "classic" devmode for something that's basically dead now (only supported
> in IE, where IE11 already supports source maps; and SDM works back to IE8,
> without sourcemaps then, but you can still use -style PRETTY in SDM in 2.8
> –was the default in 2.7 IIRC– to get something readable).
>
> It's 2016, we're about to release GWT 2.8, GWT 2.7 which brought SDM on by
> default was released in early 2015, I think it's time we call SDM simply
> "GWT Development Mode". You can stick a "(SDM)" in there if you want ("GWT
> Development Mode (SDM)") but I don't think it's even needed.
> As for the "with Jetty", I don't think it's important that it's Jetty; it
> could be Tomcat or Undertow it wouldn't change much things. It's more
> important that it's an embedded server vs. and external server.
> If you want to make it extra obvious that "with external server" is
> CodeServer and not just "DevMode with -noserver", then stick a
> "(CodeServer)" suffix: "GWT Development Mode with external server
> (CodeServer)".
>
> WDYT?
>
> On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 11:22:44 PM UTC+2, Ignacio Baca
> Moreno-Torres wrote:
>
> This is how I think that newbies will understand it easier... I suppose
> the change is too big, but maybe some part might be interesting. Any way
> current state is pretty good! good work. I have re-ordered, leaving the
> classic devmode the last one.
> 1. GWT Super DevMode - a client side GWT CodeServer (a.k.a. super devmode)
> 2. GWT Super DevMode and Jetty - a server side using Jetty and client side
> using GWT Script CodeServer (a.k.a. super devmode)
> [...]
*Brandon Donnelson*
GXT Support Engineer
<http://www.facebook.com/senchainc> <http://twitter.com/sencha>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/sencha-inc>
<http://www.youtube.com/SenchaInc>
<https://plus.google.com/117303203295549187007?prsrc=3>
[image: SenchaCon 2016 Aria Resort, Las Vegas, November 7-9]
<https://www.senchacon.com/>
*Join me at SenchaCon 2016!*