On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 9:00:32 AM UTC+2, Alexander Leshkin wrote:

> Is there anyone who works on Java10 support? I mean dependencies update
> (ASM, JDT) and new language feature - Local-Variable Type Inference
> <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/286>.
> If not, I can try to create PR.

The first thing is to make sure GWT works with a Java 10 runtime
(net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin currently does not, it throws an NPE
in gwt:test, I need to upgrade surefire; but apparently GWT itself does
work, at least the compiler).

The next step will be to support Java 10 APIs (we still have some Java 9
ones to add) and language features.

Overall, I think most importantly the work shouldn't really be about Java
10 per se, but rather preparation for Java 11 (the next LTS release)  in 6
months and the EOL of Java 8 in 9 months or so. In other words, I, for one,
don't really care whether GWT supports Java 10 (it should at least "run" in
Java 10 runtime though), as long as it'll be ready for Java 11.