It is not a problem of a single class by itself. It is a problem of policy
and opening the gate for much more. Without a good justification to make an
exception in the policy, we get bombarded with emulation requests (most you
don't even see) that have zero or very little value. Inconsistency doesn't
help with that. Why do we have NoSuchMethodException but not other dozens
of similar classes
<https://gitlab.com/ManfredTremmel/gwt-bean-validators/tree/master/gwt-bean-validators/src/main/super/de/knightsoftnet/validators/supersource/java>
used in this library?

So why do we have such policy?
 - There is a consistent cost of transpilation, bundling, optimization etc.
for having an extra classes in emulation. Currently emulation already
reached to 7MBs.
 - Impossible code paths (e.g. catching an exception that will be never
thrown from our emulation) are source of potential bugs.

So we usually ask for a good justification to add such emulation.
In this particular case I don't see generators that mimic reflection as
such a case - it would need a lot more not only this class and it is fine
in such case for them to provide the emulation.
BTW, I only refer to Google code because it is usually a good reference
point from statistical point of view since it includes plenty of common 3rd
party GWT libs; not because it is special.

If this removal becomes an upgrade burden, we can consider putting it back
but I don't see couple of simple cases as a real upgrade issue. This
particular library could either add it, like it is already doing other
relevant classes or just change the internal API. We should wait and if
there are more concerns.