If you're willing to live with just Gregorian calendar, the methods
from Date class, with some additions to produce localized names for
days of weeks and months, are sufficient to produce an outlook-like
calendar with appointments etc.

Also, the DatePicker that is part of the GWT incubator, beyond having
a nice little widget for selecting dates with localization, has
Calendar-like utility classes.

jk