Good evening. I am working on a new GWT app and I noticed a few
strange behaviors in IE 7 that I didn't see in FireFox / Safari.
Particularly that a link with a #token will cause a page refresh if
its in my wrapper HTML, but not if its generated by GWT. This doesn't
happen (from what I can see) in FireFox / Safari.

Here's the scenario: my wrapper HTML has been designed externally, the
GWT just renders into the content area of the page. Outside of this
area are two "tabs". Instead of linking to different pages, the hrefs
are #tabA and #tabB. After the GWT EntryModule has run, this *should*
just fire History changed events, right? That's what it does in FF and
Safari. In IE, it reloads the page, and since my EntryModule invokes
fireCurrentHistoryState(), the right state is initialized.

Within the GWT module, links are rendered with tokens, too. When these
are clicked, the page does not reload. As expected, the History
changed event is fired, and the new application state is loaded.

Am I going about this incorrectly? Is this an IE ideosyncracy? Is
there a workaround? The current module only has two tabs, and the
"load" that's done by the module isn't horrible, so I could live with
it, but I'd rather not!

Thanks,
Brice