Brice,
         I got similar problems when i was working on a GWT
application. In my case all History changes are triggered by my
application itself no external hyper links.(History.newItem()).
However sometimes IE7 reloads the page. I applied a FIX suggested in
the following thread.

http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/26bb5d7cff3f1ab8/c71514aec8dc5703?show_docid=c71514aec8dc5703

Regards,
Srini