Hi,
I've just upgraded one of my projects from 1.4.60 to 1.5.2, and
everything went very smoothly, but...
when my application tries to fetch a large number of objects from the
server (via RPC, returns HashMap<Integer,xxx>, about 6000 entries) it
takes a very very long time!

Before the upgrade this was very fast (at least in Firefox and Chrome,
not in IE).

Strangely, while waiting for the RPC call to return there is NO cpu
activity...

For me this seems related to some deep changes in the serialization
code (taking a guess here), before the upgrade trying to fetch so many
records from the server would crash IE with 'JavaScript SyntaxError
exception: Out of memory', while now it works (good!) but is very slow
in all browsers (bad!).

Can someone help me debug this problem?