I don't know jasypt, so I can't make guarantees (actually, nobody can,
but you know what I mean). However, there are two good signs:

1) The API is specifically for password checking. This is a lot better
than using a generic hasher and doing the salting yourself. The
authors of the library had password hashing in mind when they wrote
it. If they did their job right, it should be good for password
hashing.

2) The API call is checkPassword(thePassword, theHash). This is the
'right' form of such a library. Contrast to e.g.
hash(thePassword).equals(theHashFromTheDB), which is the -wrong- form
(because there's no salt in that mix at all), or even hash(saltFromDB
+thePassword).equals(hashFromDB), which is probably okay, but requires
more acts on behalf of the library user, including generating a
cryptographically secure salt somehow.

So, that very shallow review says: It's all good. But no guarantees on
the jasypt author's security chops.