Hi Mehdi,

We didn't like having to make a change so late in the game that had that
kind of impact on the API, but the reason for the change has to do with
changing some of our bindings to use JavaScript overlay types.  The 1.5
developer's guide has some notes about it:

http://code.google.com/docreader/#p=google-web-toolkit-doc-1-5&s=google-web-toolkit-doc-1-5&t=DevGuideOverlayTypes

Essentially, it makes the representation of some of the objects lighter
weight - less generated JS code, less memory and CPU used at runtime.  We
focused on the types that might have many instances in one map.  The
downside is that there are a number of restrictions on JS overlay types, and
using a public constructor is one thing that is not allowed.

-Eric.

--
Eric Z. Ayers - GWT Team - Atlanta, GA USA
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/