1) yes, for new projects
2) yes, for existing projects
3) yes
4) no
5) yes - unless 1.6 is ready and stable
6) no
7) 3 months

Moving off 1.4.62 depends on how fast I can re-implement/replace our
legacy use of MyGWT Widgets. I have replicated about
80% of our dependency with custom components that fill the need
( tables, trees, dialogs, effects ), in the next few weeks I will
get to eliminate the remaining 20%, and will "own the code" in that
transition, and be bound to no external libraries or the whims
of License Changes. Though the work is difficult, the payoff has been
tremendous - our Table Widget is Orders Of Magnitude
faster than MyGWT's, can contain Widgets in Cells, etc, do Sorting,
Paging. Column visibility. GWT-Ext and Ext-GWT looked
ideal at the outset of the project, but in reality have been the
source of much pain - No matter how "pretty" they are. I'm working
on a high-performance application in the Financial Sector - Pretty
doesn't count when you are talking about 3 Seconds to display
a table V.S. our 0.30 seconds.

The rest of the 1.5 transition is properly parameterizing RPC objects/
signatures, which is trivial compared to the component work.

Binding ourselves to MyGWT early on was the biggest mistake. But hey,
I enjoy writing Widgets....