My problem the same as aglaforge's, and I am still working on it. So I
find this discussion very interesting.

I have a GWT module, say MyGWT.
I also have a java class, say org.Foo, packaged in a jar file, say
foo.jar.
foo.jar contains the source files, and Foo is Serializable.

after specifying in the gwt.xml the external folder where foo.jar
originally was, I decided to move it inside my project's structure, in
a "lib" subdirectory of the "client" directory, and I added the
following lines to the gwt.xml :
   <source path="jar:file:/D:/gwt-windows-1.5.2/projects/MyGWT/src/
client/lib/foo.jar!/org" />
   <source path="client"/>

It still doesn't work.
I still don't get the followings:
-Do I have to create a module for each jar I wish to import in my
client code? if so, how do I do it?
-Do I have to place the jar file in a subdirectory as the projet's
"client" directory? if so, can specify a relative path for the jar?

-What am I missing here?..