Hi Karmela,
Have you taken a look at the latest Menu Bar widget in the Showcase sample
application? It provides default CSS styles for menu items to be highlighted
whenever the cursor is hovering over them.

You can check it out here:

http://gwt.google.com/samples/Showcase/Showcase.html#CwMenuBar

Note that you can see both the Java source and the CSS code for the Menu Bar
in the same display. You should be able to use this and tweak the styles for
the purpose of your application.

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel