Hi Sumit,
Thank you so much for getting back to me.
The hovering works just fine. When hover over the menu item the class
changes to gwt-MenuItem-selected. But when an actual item is selected,
the class/id does not change.
So I'm not sure how to change the class so that I can give it specific
style.
I'd really appreciate it if you could help.

Thanks again Sumit.
Karmela