Andreas Magnusson schrieb:

> Is there a way to just get support for formatting in all the locales
> that GWT has in com.google.gwt.i18n.client.Constants?

No, beacuse the classes don't exist inside the compiled
Javascript-result. If the values are coming from the
server-side, you can format them there by adding a
parameter "locale" to the list of parameters of the
method:

public MyDataResult getServerStatus(String locale){
  MyDataResult res = new MyDataResult();
  res.startDate = getServerStatus().getStartDate();
  Locale l = getLocale();
  DateFormat formatter =
SimpleDateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(DateFormat.MEDIUM, DateFormat.MEDIUM, l);
  res.startDateFormatted = formatter.format(res.startDate);
  return res;
}

private Locale getLocale(String locale){
  StringTokenizer tt = new StringTokenizer(locale, "_");
  Locale loc = new Locale(tt.nextToken(), tt.hasMoreTokens() ? tt.nextToken() :
"", tt.hasMoreTokens() ? tt.nextToken() : "");
  return loc;
}

The locale passed to the servlet can be read using JSNI (I don't
know if there is a way to get it via GWT already) or the servlet
reads in the corresponding HTTP-request-header (then you can
leave away the parameter or you use it as default if the parameter
is null).

Regards, Lothar