Hi Pete,
The GWT distribution for Linux contains its own instance of a Mozilla
installation (mozilla-1.7.12).

You would need to use that Mozilla installation in order to get GWT hosted
mode up and running. You can safely remove the mozilla-1.7.13 line unless
it's available on your system, as well as the /usr/lib64/mozilla line as GWT
currently doesn't work with 64-bit binaries.

The export GWT_BROWSER and GWT_EXTERNAL_BROWSER environment variables are
used to instruct GWT which browser to open up when going into web mode by
hitting the Compile/Browse button in hosted mode.

Let me know if any of the above info helps. If not, I'll try checking it out
with one of the hosted mode experts to see if they know what's going wrong.

Cheers,
-Sumit Chandel