here is my code. Now the problem is that I dont see a server call. Due
to earlier mentioned issue, I cannot debug in hosted mode. Any
pointers???

Factory.getInstance().createDesktop().openFiles(new OpenFilesCallback()
{
                                        public void filesOpened(File[] files) {
                                                Window.alert("Files selected: "
+ files.length);
                                                HttpRequest request =
Factory.getInstance().createHttpRequest();

request.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "multipart/form-data");
                                                request.open("POST",
"http://localhost:8180/app/myserv?
param1=val1");

request.send(files[0].getBlob(), new RequestCallback(){

                                                        public void
onResponseReceived(HttpRequest request) {

Window.alert("success");
                                                        }

                                                });

                                        }